*IMPORTANT INFORMATION RE: SCHOOL CLOSURE*
There is lots of information below, please take the time to review it carefully!
10 month Unit B & Unit D employees will apply for EI over March Break as usual and indicate return to work for March 23, 2020. Members will be paid regular wages by TVDSB from March 23 – April 3, 2020.
12 month Unit B clerical employees will be paid from March 16 – April 3, 2020. There is an expectation that members are willing and able to work should the need arise.
Payroll staff – will be provided laptops to work from home. Staff will be required to confirm payroll at the Education Centre on an as needed basis.
Custodial and Maintenance – will continue to work over March Break as usual conducting deep cleaning measures and fulfilling work orders. A full system shut down will be implemented effective March 23 – April 4, 2020 and members will be paid. There is an expectation that members are willing and able to work should the need arise and in the event of an emergency, on-call situation as is normal protocol.
Education Centre and Leathorne Facilities will remain open but with a skeleton staff load from March 16 – April 4, 2020. Staff requirements have yet to be determined by Custodial/Maintenance Supervisors based on need. Information will be provided ASAP.
Information Technology – will work remotely. There is an expectation that members are willing and able to work should the need arise.
Community Use and Childcare Centres operating in TVDSB facilities will be CLOSED & permits CANCELLED immediately until April 5, 2020.
Information provided by TVDSB:
· All permanent staff members will be paid from March 23 – April 4, 2020
· LTO’s and LTA’s will be paid for the remainder of the LTO/LTA assignment. Start and end dates for LTO/LTAs during the system closure will remain in place
· Pre-booked casual staffing (CUPE and teaching) will be paid during this period (March 23 – April 4,2020)
· Occasional Teachers and Occasional Support staff will not be paid during the closure if not prearranged. If you have an assignment that has not reached LTO or LTA status, the closure period will not impact your days towards reaching LTO/LTA status
· Staff members on an approved medical leave will continue to have deductions from illness/short-term disability days and follow the regular reporting and documentation processes for abilities and wellness.
· Staff members on approved WSIB the Board will continue to provide a continuance of wages.
· Staff members on approved maternity, parental or adoption (or other statutory leaves), will continue on these leaves and no amendments will be made to the dates. For those leaves entitled to Supplemental Employment Benefits (SEB), records of employment will continue to be electronically processed to Service. Canada. Please continue to submit your documentation for any statutory leave through Laserfiche leave requests in the employee portal as per normal process.
· Upon requests to HR, other unpaid and paid employee leaves will be cancelled during the system closure period. There will be no deduction from absence accounts.
THIS IS A FLUID SITUATION AND CHANGING RAPIDLY. AS UPDATES ARE PROVIDED, WE WILL KEEP YOU ALL POSTED VIA PERSONAL EMAIL AND FACEBOOK POSTS.
Please be aware: The CUPE 4222 Office will be CLOSED as of 4 pm Friday March 13, 2020. Executive members can be reached via cell phone and email. All contact information can be found at www.cupe4222.ca under the “Contact Us” tab. Telephone messages and emails will be answered remotely. If you have Unit specific questions please contact your Unit Vice President for clarification.