RE: CONTINUED SCHOOL CLOSURE*
Information provided by TVDSB:
· All permanent staff members will be paid
· Continue to honour LTO, LTA, CEI and CET assignments that are in effect as of today (March 26, 2020). Any LTA/LTO that was to commence after April 5 will be cancelled. All permanent staff members will be paid provided that they are available to work.
· Staff members on an approved medical leave will continue to have deductions from illness/short-term disability days and follow the regular reporting and documentation processes for abilities and wellness.
· Staff members on approved WSIB the Board will continue to provide a continuance of wages.
· Staff members on approved maternity, parental or adoption (or other statutory leaves), will continue on these leaves and no amendments will be made to the dates. For those leaves entitled to Supplemental Employment Benefits (SEB), records of employment will continue to be electronically processed to Service. Canada. Please continue to submit your documentation for any statutory leave through Laserfiche leave requests in the employee portal as per normal process.
· Upon requests to HR, other unpaid and paid employee leaves will be cancelled during the system closure period. There will be no deduction from absence accounts.
Unit A Casual Staff: will continue to be paid as they are regularly scheduled, those who aren’t will be notified by TVDSB Management.
Unit B & Unit D: If you are in an LTA, you will be paid for as long as it is in the system. If the system end date isn’t correct please contact the school admin.
An ‘Urgent News’ communication was distributed from TVDSB today (March 26), please ensure you are checking your board emails for updates regularly.
EFAP will be made available to all impacted staff members through Homewood Health. Their resources can be reviewed at www.homeweb.ca
or they can be contacted directly at 1 866 398 9505.
THIS IS AN UNPRECEDENTED SITUATION AND CHANGING RAPIDLY. WE ARE COMMITTED TO PROVIDING UPDATES AS WE RECEIVE THEM. UPDATES WILL BE DISTRIBUTED VIA PERSONAL EMAIL, FACEBOOK POSTS AND OUR WEBSITE.
Please be aware: The CUPE 4222 Office is CLOSED as of 4 pm Friday March 13, 2020. Executive members can be reached via cell phone and email. All contact information can be found at www.cupe4222.ca under the “Contact Us” tab. Telephone messages and emails will be answered remotely. If you have Unit specific questions please contact your Unit Vice President for clarification.