*IMPORTANT INFORMATION RE: SCHOOL CLOSURE*
There is lots of information below, please take the time to review it carefully!
10 month Unit B & Unit D employees will apply for EI over March Break as usual and indicate return to work for March 23, 2020. Members will be paid regular wages by TVDSB from March 23 – April 3, 2020.
Information provided by TVDSB:
· Upon requests to HR, other unpaid and paid employee leaves will be cancelled during the system closure period. There will be no deduction from absence accounts.
THIS IS A FLUID SITUATION AND CHANGING RAPIDLY. AS UPDATES ARE PROVIDED, WE WILL KEEP YOU ALL POSTED VIA PERSONAL EMAIL AND FACEBOOK POSTS.
Please see below a debriefing provided by OSBCU following a Town Hall call discussing the recent announcement by the Ford Government to close schools for 2 weeks due to the Coronavirus 19 pandemic. As you can see, it appears the messages are vastly different from the initial announcement released earlier today causing for increased frustrations.
While this news is disheartening, we strongly believe our members are being unjustly treated but we must await clarification from TVDSB as to the impact of the closure across the Valley. OSBCU is working diligently to devise a plan to support members and local leadership to ensure our interests are not ignored.
We remain optimistic that the TVDSB will recognize the importance of safety measures for ALL staff members, not just a select few. We anticipate an announcement from the employer by tomorrow afternoon providing further direction on the impact to CUPE 4222 members.
We understand there are many questions, lots of speculation and rumours but we appreciate your patience as we work through this, its been an unexpected whirlwind of activity for many this evening. As updates are provided to us they will be shared via personal email, website and our Facebook page.
CUPE 4222 President
- Classes are cancelled
- Permanent employees and those in Long Term Occasional positions will be paid, it is unclear if casual workers will receive pay
- Childcare programs and day cares are not covered by this announcement – it will be up to individual boards to determine whether day care, extended day and childcare programs will continue to run. This may result in our custodial/caretaker staff being required to clean these spaces
- Education Centres, Administration Buildings may remain open – again this is a local school board decision – the Ministry has asked that there be communications be available for the parents and public. This may result in our clerical staff being required to report to work or being asked to work in an alternative location.
- Permits and Community Use of Schools may be continuing – again this is another local school board decision and may impact our members.
- Closures extend to adult learning, ESL and ISL programs – it is our understanding that permanent members from these programs will also be paid.
using password: topoffair
- Packages can be sent by board courier or dropped off at the board office
- Emailed to email@example.com
- Faxed to 519.452.2396
- Completed nomination form must be signed by the nominator
- A nomination letter that describes why you are making the nomination and how the nominee meets the selection criteria (based on the Boards Mission, Vision and Commitments)
- Supporting material – you may submit up to 10 pages (front and back) of supporting materials
Additionally, letters of Support can be submitted from colleagues, students, community representatives.
Please CLICK HERE to view the REVISED Notice of General Membership Meeting scheduled for Saturday December 14, 2019 beginning at 9:30 am, held at our office. As this is our last meeting prior to the holiday break, goodies and coffee will be served beginning at 9:00 am.
Proposed changes to the CUPE 4222 By-Laws will be presented including electronic/online voting. We cannot move forward with the business of the local without your participation.
We’re also holding an Ugly Christmas Sweater contest if we get quorum. Bring along a fellow CUPE 4222 member, wear your ugliest seasonal attire for a chance to win a prize. CLICK HERE for further details.
Where: CUPE 4222 Office
$40 per non member
Registration closes November 22, 2019
CLICK HERE for the Children’s Christmas Party Flyer:
Saturday December 7, 2019 beginning at 10:30 am at White Oaks Public School. Lunch provided followed by a special visit from Santa and his elves!